Everyone likes to eat out and eat at the fast food restaurants. Sometime we have no other choice with our busy lifestyles and because we are always on the go. Between working and driving our kids from one event to the next, it is hard to eat a home cooked, healthy meal every night of the week. Eating out for some is not just a luxury, it is a necessity.
There are ways that we can protect ourselves for the delicious grease that we all crave occasionally, but that we should not eat. Eating out can be a healthy choice as long as you can control your urges and remember that you need to eat healthier and sensibly.
There are few things that you can do first to make your eating out experience a controlled and smart decision.
- Check out the restaurant beforehand to make sure they have high-carbohydrate, low-fat meal available.
- Ask how dishes are prepared and request that they are made without added fat or sodium.
- Look for dishes on the menu that are broiled, baked, steamed, poached, or grilled in its own juice.
- Go for extra breads, vegetables, rice, potatoes and noodles. Have them hold the butter, margarine, and creams.
- Ask for your salad dressing on the side.
- Eat only half to three-quarters of the meal.
- If you want the high calorie item, split it with a friend.
- Trim the visible fat from meat.
Watch your alcohol consumption because it adds to empty calories and can be dehydrating. If you choose to drink, remember that light beers are a better choice.
Often restaurants serve bread and butter or something while you are waiting for your meal. If you feel that you cannot resist the tempting buns, ask for them to be removed.
Drink lots of water fifteen minutes before you eat the meal. You will not be as hungry and it will save you money. Not to mention it is better for you then soda or alcohol.
If you have tried all these and still need a little control when eating out, you can also ask your doctor about Phentermine. Phentermine when used in conjunction with a regular exercise program can help you lose weight by suppressing your feeling of hunger. It will make you feel fuller so that you do not eat as much and in turn lose weight.